Sous Chef ABC RESTAURANTS
- Date Posted March 09, 2016
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Following the momentum of abc kitchen, our third project, abcv presents a menu that is a celebration of healthful and innovative vegetarian cuisine.
abc v highlights the beauty and saveur of vegetables through simple yet innovative dishes, utilizing techniques such as wood fire roasting, fermentation, and culturing - drawing on regional and global influences.
abc restaurants has a committed focus to local, sustainable and organic seasonal produce that does not use pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, insecticides or gmos; meat, fish and dairy that is locally sourced and humanely treated pasture-fed, free of antibiotics and hormones; teas, coffees, spices, organic wines, juices and elixirs that are organically cultivated on fair trade cooperatives celebrating and honoring sustainability, artistry and our global diversity. Job Description
- Have strong communication skills to ensure team is constantly being challenged and improving, to ensure recipes are executed properly and to ensure the standards of the restaurant are exceeded through getting the best ingredients and treating them as well as possible
- Perform master inventory of all stations and walk-ins; check all quantities and quality and determine a master prep list for the entire kitchen.
- Maintain relationships with our purveyors, including many farmers, and place daily orders
- Supervise other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice
- Be able to effectively inspire staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular roles as well as discipline under-performing staff members
- Planning and directing food preparation in kitchen and on the line
- Staff scheduling
- Development of our externs from various programs
- Expected to be able to cook along side team
Bonus, Paid Medical, Dental and Vision, Generous Employee Dining program across related properties Compensation this position is PAID How to apply