Farm Manager Riverpark
- Date Posted December 16, 2016
- Location New York, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Riverpark, Tom Colicchio’s riverfront restaurant, is a one-of-a-kind destination to dine and celebrate. Riverpark’s modern American menu showcases ingredients grown on the restaurant’s own Riverpark Farm located just a stone’s throw from the kitchen. Riverpark also features versatile event spaces as well as our weekday café/grab-and-go, Little River. The educational and growth opportunities are boundless at this dynamic, multi-faceted restaurant. Come build a career with us at Riverpark.
We are seeking to hire a Chef de Cuisine at Riverpark. As the Chef de Cuisine you will act as senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities and assume the role of liaison between all dining room operations and culinary staff. The Chef de Cuisine will oversee all aspects of the Kitchen operation including menu planning, food costs, private events, hygiene and sanitation, recruitment, retention and development of chefs within the kitchen department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to teamwork at all times, including the ability to lead the Farm team.
- Collaborate with the Chef team to build production plans and budgets for upcoming growing seasons.
- Provide on-going production updates to the kitchen, and adjust Farm production to meet the kitchen’s needs.
- Manage the operation of the Farm team, including teaching the skills necessary to achieve the highest levels of success.
- Properly harvest and accurately record daily harvests into our internal invoicing systems.
- Manage greenhouse production.
- Manage compost production.
- Maintain cleanliness and the presentable appearance of the farm at all times.
Skills and Competencies:
- Efficiency and technique that show skills of an experienced and professional farmer.
- Organization and the ability to prioritize daily tasks for the entire farm operation.
- Resourcefulness and handy-work skills needed to maintain the smooth operation of farm equipment and mindful of repurposing found and recycled materials.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of plant biology and growing sciences.
- Exceptional knowledge of food products, seasonality and cooking techniques.
- Strong communications skills—in both verbal and written forms.
- Management skills to teach proper technique and lead an efficient team.
- Ability to lead workshops and farm tours in a friendly manner, in line with our restaurant’s standards for hospitality.
- Strong knowledge of greenhouse-growing techniques and proper infrastructure maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of compost-building techniques and proper maintenance.
- Ability to create and manage seasonal budgets.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to do extensive internet research.
- Ability to stand 100% of the shift (excluding breaks).
- Ability to bend down to lift objects, climb step-ladders and stairs.
- Ability to lift loads of up to 75 pounds, and regularly lift and carry loads of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work through hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
- Farm-work experience and production management.
What Riverpark can offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Spending options and supplemental insurance
- Bi-monthly restaurant vouchers to dine at any one of the Crafted Hospitality family restaurant
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $48,000.00 - $52,000.00
Crafted Hospitality is an EEO Employer