Event Assistant Taste Buds Kitchen
- Date Posted December 18, 2016
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
Get involved in an exciting and growing company and industry, Culinary Entertainment! Taste Buds Kitchen specializes in creative and unique cooking events for kids, families and adults. Our culinary adventures include an ever-growing variety of classes, parties, camps and private events that combine a well-balanced mix of engaging recipes, both savory and sweet, as we take to the kitchen to sprout taste buds and a good time. Events are hosted in our kids kitchen by day and Our BYOB adult kitchen by night located in Chelsea NYC.
Who are you?
We are always on the lookout for upbeat assistants with great personalities who like to get their hands dirty.
This person will be able to:
- work in a fast paced environment and communicate with all ages.
- follow directions and be a team player are a must.
Responsibilities include assisting the Host, engaging our budding chefs ages 2 to 99 with age-appropriate content and energy, helping with event activities, preparing the recipe, keeping everything running smoothly, keeping the kitchen clean and organized and pre-baking food as needed.
In this role the Kitchen will be yours to maintain - including ensuring that we are stocked and ready for all events - as well as maintaining our organized branded look.
- Creating an excellent and consistent client experience is our focus at TBK.
- You must be able to interact with with all clients (parents, children and adult guests) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare for all events (Set-up, Ingredients, Review Teaching Materials)
- Engage and teach clients about cooking skills and more as related to event recipes and ingredients.
- Create a controlled safe, clean, friendly environment for all clients
- Kitchen cleaning, upkeep, maintenance and re-stocking.
- This position reports to the Event Host and the General Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing Taste Buds Kitchen family -- we love smart people with a dash of quirkiness and humor.
- Must be friendly and outgoing -- amplified speaking voice.
- Strong customer service skills -- ability to communicate with well with both adults and kids of all ages.
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with event hosts and management.
- Be highly organized and self motivated
- Must have excellent references.
- Incredibly detail-orientated with an insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things food.
- A smile on your face a majority of the time.
- Passion and high level of comfort with cooking and baking.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to off-site events.
This is a part-time job. Must be able to commit from January - June (minimum) with 20-30 hours a week in availability. Events can be scheduled 7 days a week, so full availability is highly desired. If you are only available for 5 or less days a week, please note that on your application.
Comfortable with a range of cooking/baking techniques and kitchen standards.
Performance and theatre experience a plus Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions