Farmhand Good Samaritan Health Center
- Date Posted July 20, 2017
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Part-Time
The Good Samaritan Health Center is a Christian Non-Profit providing quality healthcare to those in need. The work environment is positive, community-oriented, and patient-focused. The Good Samaritan Urban Farm, an initiative of the Good Samaritan Health Center, is an Atlanta-based 1-acre farm growing fresh produce, year-round, for individuals who do not have access to healthy, affordable, locally-grown food. We are in our fifth year of production and have a farmer’s market 4 days a week at the health clinic on the Westside of the city to consistently provide fresh food to our patients and surrounding community members.Job Description
Are you passionate about increasing food access and growing and selling fresh produce? Do you love getting your hands dirty? The Good Sam Urban Farm Team is looking for a part-time farm hand to help out with daily tasks on the farm and farmer’s market. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about the local food movement, positive, flexible, enjoys working with different kinds of people, and is a mature believer in Jesus Christ. Familiarity with Atlanta neighborhoods and/or speaking Spanish is a plus!
- Greenhouse work
- Harvesting, washing, and packing vegetables
- Using hand tools and a walk behind tractor
- Working the farmer’s market and tracking patient encounters through our market
- Flexibility and a willingness to work within all aspects of the Farm and Market operations , from farm labor to assisting with the Farmer’s Market
- An ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outside in hot and cold weather and rainy conditions
- Previous farm experience is a plus
- Reliable transportation to the farm