Operations Assistant Team Leader Local Roots NYC
- Date Posted September 28, 2017
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Local Roots NYC is a small business empowering New Yorkers to be home chefs by offering the freshest, local, and sustainable ingredients through 22 vibrant subscription-based markets. We believe a stronger connection to our food, neighbors, and land can create tremendous positive change.
We're excited to be growing our team: additional position can be found here.
Free veggies and fruit (the best you'll ever taste)
Discounts on our products
Fun and kind coworkers
Weekly group lunch
Work closely with amazing local producers and be a champion for our food system
Being part of a team that values your ideas and personal well-being
An immersive experience in food distribution and a local food system
You are responsible for the “back of house” and behind the scenes work for New Yorkers to receive their weekly food. You will help pack and organize our inventory for our daily markets, ensure the quality of our products throughout the supply chain, and ensure the safe delivery of our produce. You will also manage a market. This position is integral in our food system.
This is not a seasonal job.
- Ensure a high quality supply chain
- Respond to member inquiries and requests
- Offer input in improving systems for packing, efficient driving routes, and other logistics
- Coordinate with farmers and producers on delivery and receiving of items
- Communicate with our market site leaders with weekly updates
- Provide ideas of how to easily show appreciation to our members throughout the packing and operations process
- Managing a market entails greeting members, offering recipe ideas, conveying a passion for local food and cooking, and the set up and break down
- Sincere interest for operations and logistics
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Personable, works efficiently, extremely detail oriented, feels comfortable in a small team
- Takes initiative to presents own ideas for ways to improve systems
- Valid drivers license and has driven in NYC
- Cooks frequently and solid understanding of produce and storage of produce
- Seeks a small business work environment that is fast paced and fluid, thrives in self-management of projects
- Looking to grow with our company