Operations Manager River Valley Co-op +1 more
- Date Posted October 03, 2017
- Location Northampton, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We feature locally grown products; natural, organic, and conventional grocery items; a full-service deli with a salad and hot bar; a full-service meat and seafood department; and a vast selection of beer and wine as well.
If you want to work in a fun, supportive workplace and consider yourself a team player who enjoys the rewards of providing excellent customer service, then this is the place for you! Job Description
Purpose: To ensure the physical plant and equipment of the store is in good working order and maintained regularly. To supervise store staff and operations to optimize sales, customer service, safety and efficiency. To Supervise the Operations team.
Status: Reports to Store Manager. Supervises Operations Team
In addition to the day-to-day MOD responsibilities, including security, cleanliness, regulatory compliance, customer service, shuttle driving, trouble-shooting and maintaining high retail standards across the store:
Ensure safe practices and equipment use for all staff.
- Ensure we meet all licensing and permit requirements, including health, building, scanning and fire codes.
- Ensure green building features and programs are properly monitored and maintained.
- Inspire and Ensure excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ensure store policy and procedure compliance.
- Lead operation’s team support for all store events, including truckload sales.
- Lead the Operations Team of Assistant Operations Managers, including hiring, training and evaluating.
- Set work priorities for the team, including areas of responsibility and accountability.
- Train all MOD’s and create training and checklist systems to ensure the smooth, efficient, safe and profitable operation of the store.
- Schedule MOD coverage and work regular MOD shifts.
- Schedule and Supervise staff Shuttle operation.
- Build and maintain good working relationship with the Union
- Take lead on all service contracts and relationships for store and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Supervise and participate in the maintenance of store, equipment and grounds to create a clean, well-functioning and safe location.
- Coordinate repair, maintenance and remodel projects to meet safety, merchandising and budget requirements.
- Negotiate purchase, lease and service contracts for all equipment.
- Negotiate and oversee contracts for service, including pest control, cleaning, snow and trash removal, security, linens etc.
- Maintain contact list for all service suppliers
Qualifications: Prior Management Experience with accountability for supervision and results.
Proven track record of:
- Excellent leadership in a retail setting.
- Excellent customer service.
- Creation and continual improvement of systems and procedures.
- Building and leading a highly effective team.
- Good Driving record and valid driving license.
- Bringing problems forward and solving them through effective systems.
- Soliciting and effectively processing feedback and recommendations from a variety of sources.
- Respectful and effective relationships with service providers.
- Confident problem solving of issues with physical plant.
- Excellent communication: written and verbal, one-on-one and in small groups
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments.
- Positive and direct communication.
- Ability to work varied shifts beginning at 7 am ending after 10 pm, including weekends; availability for special events. Regular, predictable attendance
- Natural foods (retail or wholesale)
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversityCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply