Balfour Farm is an organic dairy and farmstead creamery located in central Maine. In the spring of 2017, we established The Farm House- a farm to table cafe and farm store. We focus on serving great food prepared with local ingredients- including much of the cheese, dairy and meats from our own farm. Additional ingredients are sourced from Maine farmers and food producers we have relationships with through our farmers markets. We currently serve breakfast and lunch Wed- Sat and have special events (4 course brunches and dinners) by reservation on Sundays. Our menus change frequently and reflect the crops available in the local area, as well as items that we preserve in the kitchen. We also bring baked goods to our farmers markets 2-3 times per week.
- prepare meals for daily service and special events
- create menus using local and seasonal ingredients- weekly menus for the cafe, monthly for brunches and dinners
- baking for all services as well as for our farmers markets
- manage and control costs of ingredients and use such wisely
- knowledgeable about canning and other food preservation techniques
- maintain food safety training certification
- maintain stock and generate ordering supplies as needed in an efficient manner
- practice food safety
this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k
How to apply
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!