Program Coordinator, SNAP Program Portland Maine Farmers' Market
- Date Posted November 06, 2017
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Part-Time
Job Title: Market Program Coordinator of the Low Income Access Program at the Portland Farmers’ Market
Position reports to: Portland Farmers’ Market Association EBT Committee (Jaime Berhanu, Carolyn Snell, Hanne Tierney, Beth Schiller), Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets’ SNAP Director (Jimmy DiBiasi)
Job Description: The primary role of the chosen candidate will be managing the Portland Farmers’ Market Information Booth. The Market Information Booth is the centralized location for processing of credit, debit, and EBT (food stamp/SNAP) cards, and wooden tokens at the Portland Farmers’ Market. The Booth also serves as an information portal for customers’ inquiries about the Market in general. The goal of this Booth is to enrich the customer’s experience of the Market by increasing access, awareness, and education of local foods, and to strengthen and support our farmers’ successes.
This position also includes other administrative, promotional, and community relations duties to support the growth and development of the Portland Farmers’ Market and the Low Income Access Program.
Skills desired: The ideal candidate will have a passion for building our local community and economy by administering the Low Income Access Program in supporting a vibrant farmers’ market in Portland, Maine. The ability to maintain organized and accurate financial records is paramount. Timeliness and reliability are critical skills. The candidate should be able and willing to work in inclement weather, have reliable transportation (that is able to carry equipment for market days), and should be able to lift equipment, up to 50lbs. Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills are required, along with organizational capabilities while managing multiple projects. Proficiency in Google Drive and Sheets, and attention to detail are required. This position will rely heavily on web-based applications and email; therefore, a personal computer and access to internet (during non-market hours) are also required. The Market relies heavily on social media to communicate and promote programs, hence social media savvy is important. Familiarity with non-profits and grants is helpful. Our ideal candidate will reliably complete assigned duties, as well as contribute creative ideas to further the Market’s mission. Therefore, we seek a candidate with initiative and self-direction, as well as an ability to work collaboratively with other key players supporting the Market and its Low Income Access Program.
- Manage Market’s Low Income Access Program and Info Booth, including community outreach and media relations.
- Work with program team to implement, manage, and creatively promote Funding Plan, including annual market raffle, merchandise sales, and on-site donations, while ensuring goals are met.
- Assist in maintaining accurate financial records for the Info Booth Program, and working to improve administrative efficiencies, including token counting.
- Manage and expand volunteer engagement program for the Market, including coordinating monthly customer counts year round.
- Maintain organization and care of Info Booth supplies and materials.
- Use Market’s Info Booth as a central access point for overall promotion of the market, its activities and programs, including management assistance of the market’s social media accounts.
- Communicate with Market Manager about any issues that arise on-site during market day(s)
- Perform regular check-ins with EBT Committee to give and receive constructive feedback about progress of programs.
-25 hrs/wk May through November, 16 hrs/wk December through April
- Available Wednesdays from 5:45am-2:15pm (late April-late November); Saturdays from 5:45am-2:15pm (late April-late November); Saturdays from 8am-2pm (December- April)
-Off-site hours flexible as long as goals are met.
Hourly pay at $13, with opportunity for growth
December 2, 2017Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr How to apply