General Manager Fork Food Lab
- Date Posted November 27, 2017
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Fork Food Lab is a rapidly scaling company on a mission to change the landscape of the food industry. We work with individuals possessed of creative culinary ideas and give them the resources needed to move ideas from inception to scaled businesses. Our community-focused and quality-driven culinary incubator delivers an end-to-end suite of solutions to benefit everyone in the food industry: small businesses, wholesale buyers, co-packing partners, production facilities, and potential investors. Fork Food Lab participants benefit from affordable commissary and co-working space, tailored mentorship programs and workshops, flexible working hours, and, most importantly, community of supportive culinary professionals looking to achieve the same goal: change the way we think about food.
We are looking for a professional who has experience in management and logistics of complex kitchen and food production operations to join our team. This individual will wear many hats and we want someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and throw themselves into the mix to help build this new organization. Ability to learn fast, think critically on your feet and multitask are crucial for success. The position will be responsible for the overall management of the location, and have two kitchen attendants reporting to them.
This role will have these primary focus areas:
1. Train and oversee protocols and procedures that are to be followed by all staff and incubator member companies when working within our shared kitchen space to maintain compliance with regulations and provide for an orderly facility
2. Oversee on-boarding of incubator members to ensure that production processes are efficient and compliant with regulations, and work on an ongoing basis with member companies to help them improve their operations
3. Negotiation and administration of all kitchen and procurement-related contracts with vendors to maximize profitability of the facility.
4. Build and Manage the team to help create a thriving food community.
5. Work with our HQ team to constantly improve overall operations and experience
6. Drive new member recruitment and special event opportunities
-Facilities Management, Staffing & Training
-Negotiation and Administration of Vendor/Procurement Contracts
-Establish and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Kitchen Usage
-Properly resolve issues and complaints from members and staff
-Assist with Member Recruitment, Intake & On-boarding
-Health and Safety Licensing & Permitting
-Analytics & Reporting including managing the P&L
-Bachelor's Degree or Higher
-Prior Experience in Upper Management of Commercial Kitchen or Food Production Operations
-Prior P&L Responsibility
-Mastery of a Variety of Business Tools & Technology Resources for Operations
-Demonstrated Passion for Food and/or Developing New Entrepreneurial Talent
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline