Hydroponics Lab Team Member NY Sun Works
- Date Posted December 22, 2017
- Location New York, NY
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Part-Time
NY Sun Works is looking to fill a part-time position on the Hydroponics and Aquaponics Lab Team. The team member will work with the current Greenhouse Systems Manager to maintain existing labs and help build new Greenhouse Project sites at NY Sun Works™ school partners.
-Training will be provided with the goal of self sufficiency.
-Maintenance of existing labs entails: water quality testing, plant/fish care, systems troubleshooting and overall lab cleaning and organizing.
-Building new labs involves organizing layout and assembly of all lab equipment.
The job requires strong mechanical skills. If your friends call you to put together Ikea furniture and you enjoy it, this might be a good fit for you!
The Team Member is a part-time position, spent primarily on-site at NYSW farm labs at K-12th grade schools throughout the five boroughs of New York City and New Jersey.
Salary is $17 per hour. Potential for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about the NY Sun Works mission and deeply committed to science, sustainability, and education in the urban environment.
Candidate must have a track record that includes:
- Relevant work experience
- Strong mechanical skills
- Knowledge of Hydroponics and Aquaponics a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Comfortable teaching others
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Non-profit experience is a plus