Development Coordinator Georgia Organics
- Date Posted January 12, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Georgia Organics is a dynamic and team-driven nonprofit connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Since 1997, the organization has served as a statewide leader in the good food movement to grow healthy foods, farms and families.Job Description
Job Description: The Development Coordinator is a full-time, 40-hour per week position that supports Georgia Organics in its fundraising and donor relationships. Our donors include individuals, foundations, corporations, and government donors. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director and engages with all staff to foster an organizational culture that honors the vital role donors play in advancing the organization’s mission. Specific duties include:
Grants Management Support
- Conducts prospect research;
- Edits proposals, reports, and other written materials;
- Maintains a calendar of upcoming grant proposal deadlines;
- Assists Development Director and Program Directors with grant writing.
Donor Engagement & Membership Management
- Assists in acquiring new members and donors and stewards relationships;
- Prepares gift acknowledgement letters.
- Maintains up-to-date files in the database, paper files, and internal share drive;
- Administers donor database. Updates donor information. Designs and generates reports and queries;
- Tracks success against annual and multi-year fundraising targets.
Event Coordination & Development Communications
- Coordinates special events;
- Executes print and digital direct marketing campaigns to donors and constituents;
- Writes content for website, social media, and donor correspondence;
- Prepares development reports for the management team and board of directors.
Also, may supervise projects carried out by interns and administrative staff. Other responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and two years of related professional experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel. Excellent writing, editing, and web-based research skills. Detail-oriented, organized and proactive. Ability to clearly articulate the mission and programs of Georgia Organics.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills. Experience with database management (especially eTapestry), donor research, grants, email marketing/fundraising, member relations, public speaking, special events, other fundraising activities, and/or closely related functions are pluses.
this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k
How to apply
Please click here to sign in and view application details.
Compensation: The salary range is $35,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience and includes health insurance, retirement investment options, and generous paid time off.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 02, 2018