Vegetable Farmer Goatfell Farm/Egg Restaurant
- Date Posted February 15, 2012
- Location Oak Hill, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Goatfell Farm was founded 4 years ago to supply top quality produce for our restaurant in Brooklyn, Egg. This summer we'll be supplying 2 restaurants and hoping to develop a small retail business.
We're looking for a self-directed, passionate gardener who's willing to dive in and take the reins:
- you'll maintain just over an acre of intensive vegetable gardens
- you'll get to work closely with our chefs to get the best produce to the restaurants and onto plates
- you'll coordinate work trips of staff from the restaurant who come up to help out with planting, harvesting, weeding, or whatever else you need
- you'll work closely with neighboring organic farms to share ideas, coordinate deliveries to the city, and help build up the agricultural community in our corner of Greene County.
We can provide (very rustic) housing if you need it.
The job begins in mid-April and lasts through October (start and end dates negotiable).
Please submit a resume and cover letter giving us some idea of your farming background and any other experience you think is relevant. We're looking for people with some experience but enthusiasm and a heart for a challenge is just as important to us.
You can see a short video of what we do here: http://foodcurated.com/2011/08/egg-restaurants-vegetable-farm-more-than-just-a-garnish-for-their-menus/ Compensation this position is How to apply