Urban Farmer Truly Living Well Center
- Date Posted January 26, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
TLW Urban Farmers help to grow food, grow people and grow community. Our farmers are responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of fresh, quality, organically grown food year-round. Farmers help fulfill the organization’s mission to supply urban communities, local markets, restaurants and CSAs with natural produce; and to demonstrate and train people in natural and sustainable production methods that deliver higher quality food, enhance the environment and improve human health.
Day to day tasks include:
- Seed planting and plant propagation
- Insect and weed control, fertility monitoring, and general field observation
- Cultivation activities
- Harvest and storage
- Soil-building and composting operations
- Provide continuous accurate and timely communication about food and harvesting to facilitate effective planning, promotion and selling of food to CSA members, restaurants and other revenue generating opportunities
- Leading volunteer teams; working with volunteers
- Sharing your experiences in urban farming with youth and other interested persons that visit our farm sites.