Urban Farmer Truly Living Well Center
- Date Posted January 26, 2018
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
TLW Urban Farmers help to grow food, grow people and grow community. Our farmers are responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of fresh, quality, organically grown food year-round. Farmers help fulfill the organization’s mission to supply urban communities, local markets, restaurants and CSAs with natural produce; and to demonstrate and train people in natural and sustainable production methods that deliver higher quality food, enhance the environment and improve human health.
Day to day tasks include:
- Seed planting and plant propagation
- Insect and weed control, fertility monitoring, and general field observation
- Cultivation activities
- Harvest and storage
- Soil-building and composting operations
- Provide continuous accurate and timely communication about food and harvesting to facilitate effective planning, promotion and selling of food to CSA members, restaurants and other revenue generating opportunities
- Leading volunteer teams; working with volunteers
- Sharing your experiences in urban farming with youth and other interested persons that visit our farm sites.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline