Farmer Hudson Valley Seed Co
- Date Posted February 01, 2018
- Location Accord, NY
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Job responsibilities include:
- Sowing, cultivating, and maintaining field crops, both by hand and by tractor;
- Harvesting vegetables for limited fresh markets;
- Harvesting seeds of flowers, vegetables, and herbs;
- Processing and drying seed crops, both with machinery and by hand;
- Performing light maintenance and repair tasks related to day-to-day farm operations, including light carpentry, plumbing, and cleaning tasks.
The ideal candidate has the following desired qualifications:
- 2-5 years of farm experience, preferably on a flower or vegetable operation;
- 1-2 years of tractor experience;
- the ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a clean and pleasant farm environment;
- an eye for ways to make every task—however small—more easy and efficient;
- a friendly and cooperative disposition;
- experience with seed saving or seed production—or a vivid curiosity about growing for seed;
- interest in having a recurring seasonal farm position with winters off.
This is a paid hourly position and does not include any form of room and board (although there are often surplus vegetables to share during the season). Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline