Marketing Innovation/Data Specialist Vermont Creamery
- Date Posted May 17, 2018
- Location Websterville, VT
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
At Vermont Creamery, we strive to produce the highest quality cheeses and dairy products using local ingredients while supporting and developing family farms. We aim to exemplify sustainability by being profitable, engaging our staff in the business, and living our mission every day in the creamery. We care about creating a great work environment for our employees and being a positive contributor to the community and environment.
On those promises, we obtained the B-Corp certification back in 2014. Our dairy products have won more than 100 national and international awards. Our butters and cheeses populate some of the most prestigious cheese boards in America. But what makes us proudest perhaps is that we have sustained a team of family farms and creamery artisans. Together we thrive making simply great cheese for discerning, appreciative eaters, home cooks and discriminating chefs alike.Job Description Come help our Marketing Team champion the growth of Vermont Creamery by executing growth strategies and innovation projects! Vermont Creamery seeks a qualified Marketing Innovation & Data Specialist to support marketing, sales and innovation work. The role reports into the Director of Marketing.
This role has the following accountabilities:
• Supports the development of business growth strategies and innovation by conducting ad hoc data analysis enabling analytical and strategic recommendations on all projects
• Coordinate innovation projects to successful completion including organizing cross-functional communication and meetings, tracking project status, working with team members to establish timelines, budgets and overcome obstacles when they arise
• Analyze the business: Analyze business opportunities, problems, and trends (includes both regular business tracking forecasting and ad hoc data requests). Measure success against business objectives. This involves tracking aggregating of IRI/SPINs data, sales and forecasting data, customer data and ad hoc requests
• Prepare and analyze monthly sales reports, measuring success against VC internal KPIs. Translate marketplace data into actionable insights for sales & marketing organizations.
• Interface with Category Management, Price & Trade Analytics and IRI teams
• Contributes to the development of meaningful and persuasive sales materials to help sell in new items or describe new programs
• Partners with Marketing, sales and finance to support execution of elements of the marketing plan, specifically shopper and customer marketing programs (in-store, demo, trade & promotion).
• Supports the development of senior leadership meetings and presentations
• We are seeking a 4-year degree in Business, Marketing or related
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods industry sales, marketing, innovation, category management or syndicated data supplier role
• Proficient in Excel, MS Office and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong analytical abilities
• This individual must be able to multi-task, collaborate and have solid organizational skills
• Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, MBA
• 3 plus years of sales and/or marketing project coordination
• Experience/exposure working in a corporate setting and or within the consumer-packaged goods industry is a plus..
• Experience working on cross-functional innovation projects.
• Salesforce proficiency
• Project management experience, especially in the realm of new product development/innovation and commercialization.
• Ability to steward complex projects to success
• Ability to drive cross-functional teams toward success and proven ability to generate buy-in from multiple stakeholders
Travel: This role may require minimum 10% overnight travelCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply