Hospitality Manager Scratch Baking Co.
- Date Posted June 28, 2018
- Location South Portland, ME
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Scratch Baking Co. is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Customer Experience Manager to join our team. We love great food and connecting with our customers and strive to make that evident in everything we do
The ideal candidate is an active hands-on person that will work alongside our terrific customer experience (front of the house) staff in a supportive and educational role. This person demonstrates leadership, is hospitality-minded, and enjoys a work environment that is built upon clear communication, mutual respect, teamwork, and customer connection. We strive to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, while maintaining a professional, yet friendly service with a smooth and efficient flow.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Bring poise and presence to the staff and customer experience and demonstrate a hands-on approach to staff guidance and coaching
- Be ready and willing to assist any team member on the floor throughout service
- Ability to coordinate and partner with our Pastry, Savory and Bread Managers to provide staff with updates and new product knowledge that contributes to outstanding customer engagement.
- Assist in leading staff throughout service five days a week, including assigning side-work, monitoring performance, providing hands-on assistance and sharing feedback for continuous improvement
- Consistently demonstrate clear communication skills, including staff scheduling
- Train all new staff members
Revise and create teaching/training tools, SOP’s; and help standardize tools, prioritized side-work and create efficient systems.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of all workspaces and related equipment
- Maintain proper health and safety standards, regulations and best practices
Desired Experience and Skills:
*A minimum 2 years of front-of-house hospitality experience in a bakery, deli or restaurant
*Experience in brewing coffee and espresso-based drinks preferred.
*Experience with POS systems, reservation systems and general computer knowledge
*Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health Benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Employee purchase discounts and a free lunch
- Custom birthday cake and birthday pay (8 hrs.)
- Culture that promotes healthy work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth and development
We are an employee-focused company that is committed to excellence while being a positive force in our community.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply