Skin Care Cook/Assistant Marie Veronique
- Date Posted October 17, 2018
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Marie Veronique is a Berkeley-based natural skin care company with a vision to deliver the safest and most effective skin care available. We're driven by quality and aiming to achieve consistently amazing products using largely natural ingredients.
Our products are typically oil in water or water in oil emulsions made using predominantly food grade (and, more often than not, organic) oils and hydrofoils, supplemented with micronutrients, plant extracts, and vitamins. We pride ourselves on our ability to create skin care products that aren't just non-toxic, they work.
Unlike the majority of skin care companies our products are made in "small-batch" production in our Berkeley-based location in a kitchen environment. Our formulations are all done in house by our founder Marie Nadeau. Over the last two decades Marie has developed a devoted following and the business has grown quickly over the last ten years. Her products and books have been featured in many esteemed publications including Bon Appetit, Travel + Leisure, C Magazine, Vogue, The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle and Wall Street Journal. Job Description
The ideal applicant will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a small (but relatively fast growing) company. You will be an essential part of our Production department, initially helping clean up/down the production area and equipment, fill, label and cap bottles, pull ingredients and help enter batch details for Production runs, complete batch paperwork and help receive and manage inventory. Previous Production Assistants have grown into being the Lead team-member on production runs.
The ideal applicant has experience in kitchens either in food production or as a line cook, prep cook, kitchen manager and/or sous chef.
This is full-time or part-time (30+ hours) role with a regular shift pattern, working during the day (eg a 7-8 hour shift between 8.00am and 6.30pm either Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday).
In addition to the hourly rate we offer a Bonus (performance/profit-share)annually.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work cleanly, efficiently and with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to consistently deliver flawlessly - ensure products are packaged properly, straight labels, clean, tight cap (you will be trained on this)
- Happy in an environment where exactly following recipes/instructions is crucial (and the ability to speak up where there is an issue)
- Self-motivated, high initiative and adaptable with strong work ethic and seek to exceed expectations
- Help maintain overall organization and tidiness of Production and Store (ensuring area is clear, recycling is done, inventory received)
- Comfortable using computers to write up production batch notes and log inventory transactions and production runs
- Maintain accurate records for all work including inventory, production and bottling runs
- Ability to work around essential oils or other potential allergens
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Able to stand on feet for potentially the entire shift
- Good dexterity and hand strength and no issues that might prevent you from hand-tightening caps, bottling or labelling using hands or at times semi-automatic machinery
- Valid drivers license with clear record
- It will be a bonus if you have any of the following:
- Familiarity with lab/kitchen procedures, equipment and basic techniques
- Safe food handling certification and/or familiarity with Cosmetics GMP’s
- Good sense of smell
- Previous experience in a production or working kitchen environment.
Skills and Demeanor Required:
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a great communicator
- Lean in wherever business needs you - you must be a team player
- Someone who feels good finishing a hard days work and takes pride in your work and output
- Ability to manage your time, meet deadlines, maintain sense of urgency, and multi-task
- Contribute and ensure we maintain the highest integrity of product
- Generous employee and friends discount
- Proudly offers opportunities for growth both personally and professionally
- Competitive compensation depending on skills and experience
- We offer a Bonus (performance/profit share) annually
A little more about Marie Veronique:
Marie is a chemist who founded Marie Veronique in 2002. An inventor at heart who suffered from teenage acne, she was moved to create her own products when she could find nothing on the market that was clean and effective to address her rosacea. From there, she went on to develop a line for acne and was one of the first to formulate a non-nano zinc oxide sunscreen. She continues to lead the way towards safe yet effective skincare, determined to move an industry ensconced in hype into the realm of science. She is a trained esthetician, holds degrees in Math and Science, and is a former high school chemistry teacher. She collaborates with her daughter, Jay Nadeau, physicist and bio-medical engineer, to carefully choose each ingredient in her products to solve real skin issues and address the causes of aging at the source.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 26, 2018