Operations Manager The Good Acre +1 more
- Date Posted November 07, 2018
- Location Falcon Heights, MN
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
The Good Acre Position Description
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Application due: 11/30/18
Applications due by Friday, November 30, 2018
The Good Acre, founded in 2014, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission it is to connect and strengthen farmers, food makers, and communities through good food. Our programs are designed to help improve marketplace opportunities for small local farmers, give consumers greater access to healthy produce and, in so doing, make our local economy more resilient. With the operation of a warehousing and distribution system supporting a growing wholesale program, a farm share program, a commercial incubator kitchen, culinary training, grower support services, and cooking classes, The Good Acre serves as an example of what an innovative food hub can do. Visit www.TheGoodAcre.org to learn more about the work we do.
Position Summary and Job Duties:
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of The Good Acre’s warehouse and distribution system. This includes food quality and safety, and organic certification standards. The position oversees the work of the delivery driver and works collaboratively with other members of TGA’s staff. The ideal candidate demonstrates independent judgment and high-quality work, is open to new ideas, and adept at developing systems and projects that will support of our mission on behalf of the local food system.
- Develop and maintain systems to efficiently manage warehouse space.
- Manage receiving and handling of farmers’ products.
- Manage inventory and storage using a first in first out system and provide timely updates to The Good Acre staff, including updates on quality control.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with and provide support for farmers delivering produce for wholesale and farm share.
- Ensure that storage areas are occupied and budget goals met.
- Collaborate with Sales Manager to insure products are received as expected; inform Sales Manager and Farm Share Manager of product inventories.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded and turned into TGA bookkeeper.
- Manage truck maintenance as well as TGA-wide facility maintenance.
- Operate TGA’s warehouse forklift for product storage and for the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Manage all aspects of TGA's GAP/GHP and organic certification programs, coordinate annual audits with respective agencies; develop and lead training for TGA staff and volunteers
- Supervise TGA Delivery Driver
- Manage delivery of farm share CSA and wholesale products, creating efficient delivery routes and fill in as delivery driver using TGA’s truck, when needed
The ideal candidate will have experience in warehouse operations and an interest in supporting the local food system. Previous work experience in logistics development and quality control is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Health benefits and paid time off are provided. Hours will vary throughout the year/season and may require some early morning and evening work.
The skills desired for this position include:
- Strong customer service orientation
- High level of motivation and ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as be a supportive team member
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs. and perform manual labor for 3+ hours at a time
- Commitment to working with people from different cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local food system and local products including produce, meat, eggs, dairy, and dry goods
- Familiarity with Organic and GAP/GHP Certifications
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office suite, Airtable, and various data management software preferred.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $48,000.00 How to apply