Sales Director, Hospitality Division Chilewich
- Date Posted November 07, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Design
- Job Type Full-Time
Chilewich designs, manufactures, and markets a growing collection of original, award-winning textiles. Our woven placemats, runners, tray liners, and custom table coverings replaced the traditional generic tablecloth that once defined fine dining, and we continue to transform how restaurants and hotels around the world set their tables. Chilewich textiles not only enhance a dining experience but are also extraordinarily durable, long-lasting, and easy to clean.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in a beautiful space in New York’s Flatiron District, Chilewich operates a facility in Chatsworth, Georgia, and 95% of our products are made in the United States.
Our woven placemats, runners, tray liners, and custom table coverings replaced the traditional generic tablecloth that once defined fine dining, and we continue to transform how restaurants and hotels around the world set their tables. Chilewich textiles not only enhance a dining experience but is also extraordinarily durable, long-lasting, and easy to clean.
Our network of agents, distributors, and dealers spans the globe, from North America and Europe to the Middle East and Asia, and beyond. These Chilewich representatives call on restaurants, hospitality groups, hotel groups, cruise lines, and other food service enterprises. Providing daily support to our internationally distributed sales force and their clients is our experienced customer service team.
We are seeking an individual to direct, inspire, collaborate with, and support both the sales and customer service teams as the Sales Director of our Hospitality Division. A lover of good design who is passionate about all elements of hospitality (restaurants, hotels, resorts, food, travel), this individual will imagine, develop, and implement innovative ways to introduce and augment our “best-in-class” status on a global scale.
- Be a charismatic representative of the Chilewich brand and Chilewich products as a spokesperson in the hospitality marketplace, including at trade shows and industry events
- Ensure that both our sales force and customer service team are effectively, authentically, and consistently communicating our brand message
- Travel to/call upon established and prospective customers, independently and with the sales team
- Identify and assess new opportunities, build brand value, and make connections with key decision-makers in hospitality organizations worldwide
This full-time role is based out of our New York City headquarters.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strategic thinker with proven record of driving brand awareness, educating target customers, and increasing desire in the marketplace to drive acquisition and retention
- Experience in the high-end hospitality sector, with a clear understanding of the distribution landscape and key players
- Management skills and experience, with tangible examples of success
- Personal passion for good design and all elements of hospitality, including restaurants, hotels, resorts, food, and travel
- Confident, poised, engaged, and engaging
- Eloquent speaker and writer
- Creative strategist with the focus and flexibility necessary to reach both short- and long-term goals.
- Understands the benefit of data to inform and to identify opportunities
- Holds bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
- 5+ years professional experience
- Must enjoy and have the flexibility to travel
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline