Wellness Manager in Training MOM's Organic Market
- Date Posted November 27, 2018
- Location College Park, MD
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Full-Time
We believe that environmental destruction and climate change are the biggest problems facing humankind today. We believe that in leading by example we can protect and restore the environment. By instituting best practices to reduce our impact on the environment, and by educating staff and customers, we are influencing customers, employees, and many other businesses. Job Description YOU:
· are really interested in electric cars
· appreciate a good debate, even with your boss
· are proud of your compost pile
· figure out how to fix it, not who's to blame
· have pulled recyclables out of the trash
· prefer real news to fake news
· like real food
· aren't afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
· care more about your intelligence and values than your experience
· offer employees subsidies to purchase electric cars
· give employees a 30% discount on all purchases
· pay a $12 minimum wage
We need YOU!
Our Wellness Department offers our customers dietary supplements, herbs, and health/beauty aides. We're looking for a reliable individual interesting in learning the ins and outs of managing this eclectic department.
As Wellness Department Manager in Training, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting the Wellness Manager with the following:
• Overseeing, delegating, and participating in daily stocking and merchandising;
• Managing a team of 5 to 10 people – including hiring, training, coaching, disciplinary action, and leading team meetings;
• Meeting financial and qualitative benchmarks for the department - including sales and profit targets;
• Inventory control – consisting of ordering, receiving of product, and quality control, and overseeing these duties in the team;
• Participating positively in a team of department and store managers (Leadership Team) to help strive for whole-store success.
This position requires someone who is hands-on, able to motivate others, and delegate. An applicant who is a good fit for a Wellness Department MIT:
• Seeks continual improvements in your professional and personal life;
• Is passionate about organic agriculture, food, and natural health;
• Loves helping guide others in leading a healthier life, without judging them;
• Is an enthusiastic and energizing leader who takes pleasure in building a strong team;
• Knows and supports MOM's Mission/Purpose, Core Values, and Promise to Customers.
• Has retail and management experience.
• Is willing to work in more than one MOM's location.
If you meet these qualifications, we want to hear from you!
Must be active, able to be on your feet for extended amounts of time, and able to pick up at least 50lbs on a daily basis. Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply