Apprentice @ Organic Farm, Music Fest Apple Acres Farm
- Date Posted December 06, 2018
- Location Hiram, ME
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
We also host one of the largest roots music festivals in New England, in late July, and apprentices get to work at both the farm and the festival!
Apprentices will get to enjoy a diverse experience of farming, customer service, music festival promotion, business, carpentry, and more! We value team playing and work ethic above experience, and love it when you have creative or musical talents too! Job Description
- Dates: May 1st-December 1st
- Compensation: $800/month plus housing and a weekly CSA
- Days/week: 6, with 1 extra day off/month, plus a break between summer and fall seasons. OK to take time off for a family reunion etc. if necessary
You will also get to work for about a month organizing our roots music festival, and you will get to do swap days working on other farms (veggies, flowers, animals, etc). You will have educational reading materials, and we will provide access to organic farming workshops at other farms throughout the term.
You will share a single room loft with another apprentice. Typically there are 2-3 apprentices. We also take time when we can to kayak, swim, see live music, and have BBQs with the other farmers and apprentices in the valley.
We are very welcoming of LGBTQ+ and folks from all walks of life. Unfortunately, pets are not allowed. Compensation this position is PAID: stipend How to apply