Cashier Riverwards Produce +1 more
- Date Posted March 11, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Food waste is definitely something we are aware of and aim to minimize within our operations. The market offers a dollar bag section for produce that may only have a few days of shelf life left. This allows produce to be accessible at a variety of price points. The market also participates in a composting program with Bennett Compost. Any produce or flowers that spoil are collected into buckets throughout the day to be tossed in our large compost bin outside.
Everything you find in our market has been thoughtfully sourced by Vincent, the owner, and his team. The quality of the ingredients, the origin, and even the packaging are all considered before putting them on our shelves. We are constantly growing and expanding our offerings and we hope you will continue to grow with us!Job Description
OVERVIEW: Riverwards Produce is a produce-focused market in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia
The Cashier position at Riverwards is the face of the organization. As such, being present, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient are the key qualities of every successful cashier. The number one responsibility of a Cashier is to ensure the check out process is easy and fast for all customers. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customer’s questions about products or item location. Cashiers also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace. While the following daily responsibilities are important – the check out process takes precedence.
- Greets customers and provides helpful information when requested
- Completes the list of tasks associated with the shift worked (Refer to opening and closing task lists)
- When the store is slow, cashiers front and restock from the back throughout the day and note items that need to be reordered
- Assists in inventory checks when grocery and dairy shipments arrive
- Places invoices, checks and mail received in the inbox
- Accurately processes all transactions by entering all items correctly and making correct change
- Escalates to market manager when items are not listed in the product inventory or seem inaccurate
- Restocks bags, promotional items and change as necessary. Ensures market has all needed supplies by communicating supply needs in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Is knowledgeable about the layout of the store, products offered, and where to find them
- Ensures market appears clean and orderly by cleaning up messes, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and helping unload shipments when necessary.
- A desire to greet and engage customers and foster relationships with regulars
- A positive attitude and an enthusiastic desire to provide storewide customer service
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Aptitude for making correct change and quickly and accurately ringing up orders
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks
- Ability to roll with the punches of a rapidly growing start-up business
COMPENSATION: This position is hourly. Compensation is strictly dependent upon experience. All employees receive a 20% discount on store product.Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline