Bread SRSLY Operations Manager Bread SRSLY +1 more
- Date Posted March 11, 2019
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Business / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the U.S. to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.Job Description
The Bread SRSLY Operations Manager is responsible for staff, systems, sourcing, and strategy. You will help our growing business achieve outstanding levels of production yield, efficiency, resilience, and compliance. You will lay out the roadmap for the future growth of production.
We are looking for someone with superb interpersonal skills and experience building and leading a team. People on your teams describe you as a clear communicator and an inspiring leader. You treat people with kindness and patience while you help them to succeed and grow. Your team is inspired to bring their best effort and best ideas each day, and everyone is excited to work with you.
You are eager to create an operations strategy that can take Bread SRSLY’s production to a larger scale. You design and implement repeatable systems that prioritize food safety and worker safety. You have experience in capacity planning, product development, and growth strategy. You can lend expertise in the design of new kitchen and retail facilities, and you will build the teams to staff them.
Our ideal candidate loves numbers and math, solves puzzles for fun, and is eager to take on new challenges. Your creative problem-solving skills are legendary and you turn constraints to your advantage. You are comfortable with spreadsheets and calculations, you measure everything, and you constantly identify areas of improvement.
You will work closely with the Production team in our Berkeley kitchen (60% of the time) and the Management team in our Berkeley office (40% of the time). This full-time position may require some travel and occasional weekend work. The Operations Manager reports directly to the CEO.
The Operations Manager will:
- Foster a great work environment, emphasizing a culture of communication and safety.
- Learn all current operations. Then make them better.
- Develop and implement robust, scalable systems and standard operating procedures for production, including food safety, allergen testing, quality control, feedback, and communication.
- Design long-term strategies for facilities, personnel, equipment, ingredients, and processes.
- Improve our supply chain by focusing on redundancy and sustainability.
- Manage a team including our Production Supervisor, Logistics Coordinator, Order Fulfillment Associate, and Facilities Manager.
- Build our Operations team with new positions as we grow.
- Collaborate with Management team on growth strategy.
We are looking for someone with experience:
- Managing people and training emerging leaders.
- Creating, maintaining and improving a supply chain.
- Working in consumer packaged goods (CPG) operations for 2+ years, preferably in food.
- Working in a production environment, preferably in food.
- You bring your best effort and best abilities each day.
- You prioritize food safety and worker safety at all times in the workplace.
- You crave constructive feedback and critique from all team members and respond to it gracefully.
- You deliver feedback and critique constructively.
- You treat all people with respect.
- You are eager to learn, teach and share.
- You help our business to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s, Associate’s, or Culinary degree, or equivalent experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Working knowledge of food safety and food certifications (GF, Vegan, Kosher, Organic, etc).
- Fluency with Google Suite and Excel.
- A valid California driver’s license and reliable access to transportation.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Prior bakery or gluten-free product experience.
- Brick-and-mortar food retail experience.
- Experience with design and build-out of food production facilities.
- Speak conversational Spanish.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits.
- Paid vacation.
- Great coworkers.
- Delicious gluten-free sourdough bread.