Purchasing Manager Gourmet Gorilla
- Date Posted March 15, 2019
- Location Chicago, IL
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
We are looking to add to our purchasing and inventory team a dynamic individual as our assistant purchasing manager. This position will help our growing company make an impact helping Gourmet Gorilla more effectively make a difference in the local community provide healthy, sustainable meals to children across the city.
Learn existing techniques and strategies of current purchasing workflows and execute with a high level of accuracy on creating purchase orders of raw ingredients, packaging, and supplies to ensure just in time deliveries to work teams in production and at offsite locations, that are on budget and meet cost thresholds.
Continuously improve and innovate purchase process and systems to reduce costs of goods “COGs” and costs of services “COSs” using lean purchasing strategies and techniques.
- Daily purchase of an uninterrupted flow of ingredients, packaging, and supplies required for the company’s efficient operation.
- Monitor and verify stock levels with assistance from the inventory team.
- Track purchase orders to ensure timely delivery. Troubleshoot if not tracking on time.
- Ensure up to date ingredients, packaging and supply data. Includes pricing, vendors, pack size and other)
- Evaluate offers from produce vendors on a weekly basis
- Track quality and ask for credits for poor quality deliveries. Troubleshoot alternate supply on the fly.
- Prepare cost analyses for weekly, monthly, annual menus.
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Understand food supply chain. Have an interest in sustainable food supply chain.
- Driven to get things right every time.
- Have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, and follow up skills
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be self-motivated and self-directed with a strong company focus
- Place, track, and expedite orders ensuring timely delivery at the best price
- Hands-on experience with purchase order software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap or other)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including pivot tables and lookup.
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
- Researching potential vendors
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- SQL query experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Higher
- Understanding of KPIs and Dashboards (Domo, Grow or Other)