Farm Worker Walrus and Carpenter Oysters
- Date Posted May 14, 2019
- Location Narragansett, RI
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Summer Job
Walrus and Carpenter Oysters (WCO) is a vertically integrated ocean farm and distribution company. Our mission is to sustainably farm the ocean and distribute high quality seafood direct to our community.
Job Title: Farm Hand
WCO is looking to hire a farm hand for the 2019 growing season with the opportunity to come back and grow with the company. The farm hand will learn the ins and outs of operating and maintaining oyster farms, working side by side with our farm managers and farm director.
Duties will include but are not limited to (1) cleaning and grading seed oysters in our upweller, (2) rotating and drying of culture gear on our leases, and (3) processing oysters for market. In addition, there will be opportunities to assist and learn about the distribution and agro-tourism divisions of the company.
As a farm hand you will gain access to a positive company culture built on respect, continual improvement and the joys of physical labor. Positive attitude and a love of physical activity are a must.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, 40 Hours a week (7am-5pm Monday thru Thursday), June 1st-December 31st 2019
- Passion for aquaculture and local food production
- Personal transportation and valid drivers license required
- Must be able to lift 50lb
- Must be able to operate a boat (up to 33’)
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to any situation
- Good attitude
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline