- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Barista Cha Cha Matcha
- Date Posted May 17, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Sure, Cha Cha is a store and a product. It is those things. But we like to think (hope) it’s a culture, too. Truth is, while we adore matcha, we like the community we’ve grown around it more. We love to hear people say Cha Cha is a great place to work. Hang. Have a meeting. Write a lyric. Whatever it is people need a place for that’s not home, gym, office, bar.
Community matters. So does place. That’s why no cafe is designed the same. And why none will stay the same. ‘Cause we promise to keep it fresh, just like the cities we call home.
>> Essential Functions
- Execute Cha Cha’s menu to our high standards
- Maintain an upbeat, positive, safe and tidy work environment
- Demonstrate hospitality to our internal teams and our guests
- Passion for matcha and a desire to educate others about matcha
- Professional while fun-loving; empathetic and engaged
- Reliable and consistent
- A capable communicator who is open to giving and receiving feedback
>> Physical Demands
- Stand and walk- must be able to stand for shifts and move around the kitchen, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk up and down steps carrying supplies.
- Perform repetitive motion with hands, wrists, and forearms to operate machinery
- Taste/Smell- ability to detect and perceive flavor
- Talk/Hear- frequently communicate with team and customers
- Carry Weight, Lift- lift up to 50lbs on occasion, and 35lbs regularly
>> Work Environment
- Work is performed at the cafe.
- The work environment can be noisy
It is our policy to treat all individuals in the spirit of and in full compliance with equal opportunity requirements without regards to race, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, political beliefs or activities, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions