General Manager United By Blue +1 more
- Date Posted June 24, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand store and cafe with full service kitchen. The company is focused on waterway conservation, cleaning up a pound of trash for every item they sell. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core. We promote a high energy, fast paced environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.Job Description STORE MANAGER - WALNUT STREET
United By Blue is seeking a General Manager to lead our Walnut location. The General Manager will lead the management team in overall maintenance of the store. We are looking for a passionate professional who possesses the experience, leadership skills, and financial acumen to elevate United By Blue by creating the region’s top retail and food destination.
- Hire, train, and oversee team and conduct regular reviews
- On-board employees ensure proper training
- Uphold uniform standards across entire store
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with guests and staff.
- Work with management team to conduct full team meetings at a minimum of quarterly basis to keep staff updated on any new policies, procedures, menu offerings, etc.
- Oversee entire Walnut store on a day to day basis, with a focus on team building and productivity of the store.
- Monitor all food and beverage products to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications
- Enforce company standards, policies, and procedures - including sanitation, safety, dress code, and cash handling.
- Day-to-day facilities management including but not limited to: facilitating repairs, ordering supplies, etc
- Work with omni-channel merchandiser to execute store merchandising plans
- Uphold POS standards and oversee cash drawer procedures
- Order necessary retail supplies when needed
- Maintain inventory controls and communicate inventory levels to controller for accounting purposes
- Train team on cross selling
- Work and collaborate with all managers to reach sales goals.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement methods for improvements to contain/reduce costs and increase sales
- Fulfills all record keeping and administrative requirements, including financial records, and employee files and correspondence.
- Become a leader in the Walnut St. community through networking and collaborating with other shops in the area in order to help Old City businesses thrive as a whole
- Work with Marketing Team at home office to establish marketing agendas and track program effectiveness
- Work with management team to execute and plan both in store and external events
- Ensure proper merchandising and branding is communicated at any external events
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of any events alongside other UBB managers
- Work with marketing team to ensure events planned at Flagship are properly promoted in order to achieve maximum customer awareness
- A minimum of 4 years management experience in the food service industry. Retail management experience preferred.
- High understanding of accounting and financials with full P&L management experience needed in order to run a successful establishment and the proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability
- Experience in hiring, training and mentoring managers and hourly staff
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
United By Blue Walnut Store, 3421 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJuly 31, 2019