General Manager United By Blue
- Date Posted June 24, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand store and cafe with full service kitchen. The company is focused on waterway conservation, cleaning up a pound of trash for every item they sell. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core. We promote a high energy, fast paced environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.Job description STORE MANAGER - WALNUT STREET
United By Blue is seeking a General Manager to lead our Walnut location. The General Manager will lead the management team in overall maintenance of the store. We are looking for a passionate professional who possesses the experience, leadership skills, and financial acumen to elevate United By Blue by creating the region’s top retail and food destination.
- Hire, train, and oversee team and conduct regular reviews
- On-board employees ensure proper training
- Uphold uniform standards across entire store
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with guests and staff.
- Work with management team to conduct full team meetings at a minimum of quarterly basis to keep staff updated on any new policies, procedures, menu offerings, etc.
- Oversee entire Walnut store on a day to day basis, with a focus on team building and productivity of the store.
- Monitor all food and beverage products to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications
- Enforce company standards, policies, and procedures - including sanitation, safety, dress code, and cash handling.
- Day-to-day facilities management including but not limited to: facilitating repairs, ordering supplies, etc
- Work with omni-channel merchandiser to execute store merchandising plans
- Uphold POS standards and oversee cash drawer procedures
- Order necessary retail supplies when needed
- Maintain inventory controls and communicate inventory levels to controller for accounting purposes
- Train team on cross selling
- Work and collaborate with all managers to reach sales goals.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement methods for improvements to contain/reduce costs and increase sales
- Fulfills all record keeping and administrative requirements, including financial records, and employee files and correspondence.
- Become a leader in the Walnut St. community through networking and collaborating with other shops in the area in order to help Old City businesses thrive as a whole
- Work with Marketing Team at home office to establish marketing agendas and track program effectiveness
- Work with management team to execute and plan both in store and external events
- Ensure proper merchandising and branding is communicated at any external events
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of any events alongside other UBB managers
- Work with marketing team to ensure events planned at Flagship are properly promoted in order to achieve maximum customer awareness
- A minimum of 4 years management experience in the food service industry. Retail management experience preferred.
- High understanding of accounting and financials with full P&L management experience needed in order to run a successful establishment and the proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability
- Experience in hiring, training and mentoring managers and hourly staff
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
United By Blue Walnut Store, 3421 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104