Four Bellies is a small livestock farm in Bowdon, west Georgia. We practice sustainable pasture management to build nutrient dense soil. In doing so we produce grass fed lamb, grass fed beef, pastured, non-gmo rabbit, and non-gmo, soy free chicken and eggs. Our passion is producing food in a way that is healthy for the land, the animals, and our community.
We are looking for a rotational grazing assistant to work 5 days a week, Wednesdays through Sundays, for minimally 5 hours each day with options for more hours if desired, totaling 25-35 hours a week.
Daily tasks include:
- Moving chicken tractors, rabbit tractors, and mobile net fencing
- Bringing feed to chicken and rabbit tractors and minerals to sheep and cows
- Monitoring and management of automatic watering systems
- Care for breeding rabbits including feeding, and managing manure, and following a breeding chart accurately
- Record keeping and data entry for sheep, cows, and rabbits
- Guard dog and barn cat care
- Assisting with other farm projects and clean up
Person applying must:
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be able to work in most weather
- Be able to assess and initiate tasks independently
- Possess good organizational skills and a desire to keep workspaces tidy
- A desire to learn and work with animals
- An interest in rotational grazing is a plus!
On Farm housing is available
this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr
This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants
How to apply
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!