Four Bellies is a small livestock farm in Bowdon, west Georgia. We practice sustainable pasture management to build nutrient dense soil. In doing so we produce grass fed lamb, grass fed beef, pastured, non-gmo rabbit, and non-gmo, soy free chicken and eggs. Our passion is producing food in a way that is healthy for the land, the animals, and our community.
We are looking for a rotational grazing assistant to work 5 days a week, Wednesdays through Sundays, for minimally 5 hours each day with options for more hours if desired, totaling 25-35 hours a week.
Daily tasks include:
- Moving chicken tractors, rabbit tractors, and mobile net fencing
- Bringing feed to chicken and rabbit tractors and minerals to sheep and cows
- Monitoring and management of automatic watering systems
- Care for breeding rabbits including feeding, and managing manure, and following a breeding chart accurately
- Record keeping and data entry for sheep, cows, and rabbits
- Guard dog and barn cat care
- Assisting with other farm projects and clean up
Person applying must:
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be able to work in most weather
- Be able to assess and initiate tasks independently
- Possess good organizational skills and a desire to keep workspaces tidy
- A desire to learn and work with animals
- An interest in rotational grazing is a plus!
On Farm housing is available
this position is : hourly, under $15/hr
This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants
This job expired on September 02, 2019