- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Building Operations Manager Red Rabbit LLC
- Date Posted August 01, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Red Rabbit is a fast-growing, mission-driven business. We set out to tackle the obesity crisis affecting children in our community and have built an award-winning innovative model that offers healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks to tens of thousands of children in more than 175 schools throughout New York City every day.
How we do it
We are a young, energetic company changing the way children eat in school. Each day, we carefully craft dishes from scratch in our kitchen in Harlem and hand deliver them to kids who truly need it. And if we do say so ourselves, our food is pretty much the best food money can buy- in fact virtually every one of us eats Red Rabbit lunch every day!
While our people come from all parts of the world, with different backgrounds and experiences, the thing that brings all of us together is our passion for doing work that matters. It’s hard to articulate what it feels like to integrate passion with your career, but you’ll feel it when you walk in the door. We love what we do; we have high standards; and we seek out the most innovative and brightest people in their category to join our team.
About the role
Red Rabbit’s commitment to the children we feed goes well beyond delivering high-quality meals each day. Our ability to support our culinary team is dependent on the building operations team working tirelessly to ensure our kitchen is continually operating at a high level.
We are seeking an innovative Building Operations Manager who understands that the foundation of any culinary operation starts with ensuring that our kitchen is an immaculate environment that promotes great food. As the sole leader in building operations, our Building Operations Manager serves as a core member of the leadership team ensuring high levels of operational excellence every day.
- Manage 6 - 8 building operations team members in overseeing all building related activities, including sanitation and food safety, achieving our zero waste goals, light construction projects and equipment procurement and maintenance.
- Ensuring operational excellence and a high level of detail in all areas of building operations from food safety and aesthetics, to budget management and allocation.
- Establishing and maintaining successful relationships with all of our school partners and vendors to attain the goals of our community.
Skills & Experience
- Several years of experience in operations or building management, having displayed a consistently high level of performance, a keen eye for detail, and can manage a team to reflect the same.
- An inspiring leader who can see around corners, and drive team performance.
- Experience with NYC Department of Health is a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Spanish/English proficiency preferred
Salary and benefits
- Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development
- Generous PTO
- Access to the B-Corp community
About The Company
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.