Chocolatier's Assistant FINE & RAW Chocolate
- Date Posted July 16, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
FINE & RAW chocolate was established in 2008 in a notorious loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. In 2012 we opened our first bean-to-bar chocolate factory and retail space in Bushwick. Over the last five years, we have launched two new product lines, tripled staff, and continue to grow in creative and positive ways. IG:@fineandraw www.fineandraw.com
- Assisting the the head manufacturer with the production of our fine chocolate batches and the head chocolatier with the production of our fine confections:
-cracking and winnowing beans
-preparing batches for the chocolate grinder
-pouring + garnishing chocolate bars
-assisting on the enrobing line
- Ensuring product quality and safety.
- Demonstrate flexibility and enthusiasm for new projects and R&D.
- High motivation + hustle
- Positive work ethic, people skills
- Detail-oriented and creative
- Able to work clean and efficiently
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- No previous experience in chocolate manufacturing necessary, although kitchen experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to hustle for extended periods of time.
- Consistent, demonstrated punctuality.
- Love for chocolate is a major plus!