- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Label & Packaging Coordinator FOODMatch
- Date Posted August 10, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
FOODMatch is a specialty food importer, producer and manufacturer of Mediterranean specialty olives, antipasti, ingredients and condiments. Since 1996, FOODMatch has become a trusted source for authentic Mediterranean foods among knowledgeable industry professionals.
FOODMatch plays an integral role in ensuring the quality of our products. We work side by side with our growers to establish best farming practices as each crop is nurtured to its successful completion. We are committed to providing beautiful, delicious, and natural Mediterranean foods that are a true expression of their origin. Our skilled artisans use time-tested, centuries-old methods to capture and preserve the inherent color, flavor, and texture of each product. This vertical integration allows us to deliver top quality year after year.
For more information, visit us at www.foodmatch.com.Job description
This role is responsible for ensuring that the labels and/or packaging for our entire catalog of branded products are properly vetted, prepared and proofread according to both FDA and internal Marketing compliance measures before and after our creative services team handles any design work.
This role works cross-departmentally with several internal teams and requires a strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. This is an operations/project management role on the Marketing team and reports to the Sr. Trade Marketing Manager.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Gather data and assets from QC, Sourcing, Purchasing
- Coordinate with internal teams and suppliers to establish overall timeline and project milestones, understanding internal processes and SOPs
- Write a comprehensive creative brief and kickoff projects with Creative Services Manager to ensure design team is fully briefed on project scope
- Supplier communications, when necessary to confirm product or specification details
- Review all labels for FDA, Marketing and QC compliance per established guidelines and regulations
- Communicate edits or changes in project scope to creative services team
- Update project creative brief as needed
- Monitor project timelines in conjunction with Creative Services team
- As needed, schedule label reviews and internal audits
- Keep up to date on present and future FDA labeling and packaging requirements ensuring that FOODMatch items adhere to the strictest content standards
- Collaborate with Sr. Trade Marketing Manager and VP Marketing for projections and ordering as needed
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong proofreading skills (knowledge of proofreading fundamentals and best practices)
- Team player, relationship builder: ability to see the bigger picture and patiently align multiple teams
- A sense of urgency and accountability, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working with MS Office 365, Adobe Acrobat and project management software (Asana, Wrike, Trello)
- Experience in / enthusiasm for the food industry or a knowledge of our product line is beneficial
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline