- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Farmer's Market Salesperson Sun Fed Beef and Pork
- Date Posted August 28, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
We raise Black Angus beef cattle and Berkshire Pork on our third-generation family farm near Earlville, NY. The farm is a diverse mixture of pastures, fields, woodlands, and wetlands, encompassing 1200 acres of the beautiful Sangerfield River valley, from river bottom to hilltop. Since 1948, our family has focused on raising high-quality Black Angus Cattle by sustainably managing the wonderful land that we are blessed to call home. Most of the cattle are 100% grass fed and a small portion are finished on local grains. The pigs are pastured and finished on grain.
All of our meat is shipped to NYC where it is sold year round by our employees in farmers markets. For more info on our farm go to www.sunfedbeef.com Job description About you:
We are looking for someone to sell our meat at the GrowNYC Farmer's Markets and other outlets in NYC. If you like working outside and talking about food with all different types of people then this is the perfect job. No previous experience necessary as we can train you on all the different cuts and how to cook them. Just a positive attitude and an interest in sustainable food. Bonus points if you live near Long Island City Queens or Greenpoint.
About the position:
- Must have Weekend availability.
- 10-12 hours/week to start
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Commission based sales bonus for each market
- 40% discount on all beef, pork, chicken and lamb
- $10 meat credit for each market you work.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline