Operations & Development Coordinator Farming Hope
- Date Posted September 07, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Farming Hope is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We are a farm-to-table culinary job training program that fosters community leaders in the food system. We offer empowering jobs with career training in gardening and cooking. We manage a social enterprise restaurant at Manny’s in San Francisco’s Mission District, and an urban garden in the Western Addition neighborhood. Our apprentices overcome major barriers to employment, primarily experiencing homelessness or being formerly incarcerated.
Growing and serving food allows our apprentices to give back to their city. We’re all hungry to give back and belong.Job description
The primary job duties of the Operations and Development Coordinator include co-planning fundraising events, co-leading day-to-day operations, and handling relevant external communications. This role combines the exciting, public facing work of an Events Planner with the critical day-to-day office support of a Business Administrator.
This job is a part-time contractor position (10-15hrs/wk), with long-term potential for the role to become full-time. Some flexibility in scheduling will be necessary week-to-week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Fundraising (done in partnership with Executive Director and Culinary Director)
- Pitch event sponsorships for corporations and foundations
- Manage communications with donors
- Manage quarterly Guest Chef Fundraiser dinners
- Process payroll
- Monitor monthly fundraising and sales goals
- Assist bookkeeper in monitoring invoices
● Partnerships and Communication
- Co-coordinate special events
- Post to social media accounts
- Manage Farming Hope general email inquiries
- Update website through Wordpress
● Self-starter: As we grow beyond our small nonprofit startup to a scalable social enterprise, the organization requires a highly motivated and ambitious individual leading business operations and scaffolding our success.
● Multi-tasker: This position requires wearing several hats each week. Are you
experienced working on multiple projects toward the same mission?
● Experience, not just passion: Do you bring knowledge of business management, social services, or social enterprise to our organization Management staff contribute more when they bring in experience in the field.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in relevant fields.
● Commitment to transformation: We want to empower those experiencing homelessness to be community leaders; we want our food system to be more sustainable for all; we want our staff to think differently about charity and justice. Sound like something you want to help build?
Other beneficial qualifications: Spanish fluency, food service industry background, HR/communications/fundraising experience.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $25.00 Application instructions