Assistant Catering Manager Farming Hope
- Date Posted September 07, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Farming Hope is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We are a farm-to-table culinary job training program that fosters community leaders in the food system. We offer empowering jobs with career training in gardening and cooking. We manage a social enterprise restaurant at Manny’s in San Francisco’s Mission District, and an urban garden in the Western Addition neighborhood. Our apprentices overcome major barriers to employment, primarily experiencing homelessness or being formerly incarcerated.
Growing and serving food allows our apprentices to give back to their city. We’re all hungry to give back and belong.Job description
The role of Assistant Catering Manager at Farming Hope is a new position to better support the sales, catering customer relationship and on-site customer experience for our social enterprise restaurant at Manny’s. The position will help ensure adequate coverage for events in partnership with our Catering Manager.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about food justice, has experience with hands-on food production as well as business skills, and shares our ambition to give guests the best food and service experience possible. Farming Hope believes we must empower food system leaders from all backgrounds in order to move toward a more just society, and our ideal candidate will bring similar values to their work in our kitchen.
This job is a part-time contractor position, with long-term potential for the role to become full-time. Some flexibility in scheduling will be necessary for week-to-week scheduling. As a small startup nonprofit, we’re looking for someone interested in growing with our organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Catering Business Expansion
- Cultivate sales leads for catering orders for onsite events
- Manage ongoing customer communications, including timely and accurate billing
● Food Preparation
- Assist to cook and serve food for catering events
- Ensure health and safety standards are exceeded daily
● Culinary and business experience: This is both a fast-paced food production and high-stakes customer-relations role.
● People skills: This role requires customer service experience.
● Compassionate, patient mentorship: You may be working with program apprentices with minimal kitchen experience. This is a great role for someone who loves opportunities to teach and support personal and professional growth.
● High standards of cleanliness and organization
● Commitment to transformation: We want to empower those experiencing homelessness to be community leaders; we want our food system to be more sustainable for all; we want our staff to think differently about charity and justice. Sound like something you want to help build?
Additional Beneficial Qualifications: Spanish fluencyCompensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $24.00 Application instructions