Human Resources Manager Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative
- Date Posted October 10, 2019
- Location Lancaster, PA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
To cultivate and nurture LFFC’s culture by managing personnel, training, organizational and administrative duties of LFFC. Responsibilities include planning, implementation, and organization of projects as well as following through on communications and tasks to further the goals of LFFC. Serve as a link between management and team members by handling questions, interpreting policies, developing team member programs and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, performance appraisals and quality management issues).
- Communicate with other managers and Executive Director to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure everyone is fully informed of HR objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in cooperation with the managers and the Executive Director.
- Handle and assess the complaints of employees without bias in judgment.
- Set policies for hiring and oversees adherence to EEOC, affirmative action programs and diversity goals set by LFFC.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Establish policies seeking to increase retention rates.
- Monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Approve terminations and ensure reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all personnel as well as exit interviews; write and place advertisements when necessary.
- Communicate with LFFC regarding changes in personnel, organization structure or policies.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensure rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Keep abreast of legislation affecting human resources; train management and monitor company policies to ensure compliance.
- Oversee preparation and analysis of job descriptions and compensation programs. Seek incentive programs encouraging excellent performance and increasing retention rates.
- Review the benefits and maximize job satisfaction while keeping the cost of the benefits package under control done in collaboration with the Finance Manager.
- Work with managers and Executive Director to set long-term staffing goals and strategies.
- Participate in staff meetings; attend other meetings and stay abreast of the industry standards.
- Assess relevant training needs of team members and LFFC, in consultation with managers, including assessment methods and measurement systems entailed.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as projects dictate to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to augment those provided externally or internally by others.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for staff training and development, establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development.
- Oversee training and safety programs in the context of compliance with government regulation.
Organizational & Administrative duties:
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for organizational development within the company.
- Coordinate all meetings with appropriate bodies when projects call for them.
- Responsible for holding managers accountable to the creation and implementation of a plan in every situation/project especially with regards to the success of LFFC.
- Facilitate and coordinate communications between the administrative and operations realms in the business when necessary.
- Prepare and create necessary reports and documents for proper recording and documentation of the functions and workings of LFFC in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups.
- Interpret situations and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, work independently and be thorough with excellent follow-through.
- Education/ Training: A Bachelor's Degree degree in business or human resources.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in human resource management
- Knowledge/Skills: Familiarity with Microsoft products as well as HRIS systems.
- Attendance: Regular, predictable attendance
- Other: Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties, not listed here, may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
Reports to Executive Director. Hired by the Executive Director.
Compensation this position is : salaried Application instructions