- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Outreach & Development Coordinator Youth Garden Project +2 more
- Date Posted November 22, 2019
- Location Moab, UT
- Category Media / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Learn more about us by visiting: http://www.youthgardenproject.org Job description
This administrative staff position will be engaged in both community interfacing and the operational efforts of the Youth Garden Project. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Outreach and Development Coordinator will continue to enhance and expand our volunteer program, manage outreach and marketing efforts of the organization, oversee community programs, and be a key player in the fundraising efforts of YGP. This is a full time, benefitted position.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong work ethic, sense of team work, excellence in self-directed work, skillful prioritization of tasks, and belief in YGP’s mission of cultivating healthy children, families, and community through the process of connecting people with food from seed to table.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Relations, Outreach, & Marketing (40%)
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and carry out YGP marketing strategy.
- Oversee use and management of YGP social media accounts.
- Keep YGP website up to date with current events and programmatic information.
- Continue ongoing outreach to the community and YGP stakeholders through various platforms.
- Collaborate with Education Director to provide educational resources to the community.
- Schedule and manage Community Kitchen Rentals.
This position will work collaboratively and independently on the following fundraising efforts of YGP:
- Grant research, reporting, and occasional writing.
- Fundraising events- Online Auction, Harvest Festival, Plant Sale.
- Lead facilitator for Garden Dinners during the growing season.
- Identify and develop opportunities/strategies for new revenue streams in partnership with Executive Director and other full-time staff.
Volunteer Program (25%)
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Survey staff to assess needs for volunteer assistance. Become familiar with YGP operations to be able to identify and manage opportunities for volunteers independently.
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Schedule all volunteer activity.
- Manage volunteer policies and procedures for volunteer service, adapt as necessary.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Lead organizer of the bimonthly Weed n Feeds.
- Part of rotating YGP weekend Chores schedule
- Several evenings and approximately 1 weekend day per month for YGP events will be required during the growing season.
- Salary DOE
- Paid sick leave & vacation
- Option to enroll in small group insurance plan (75% of premium company paid)
- 3% matching simple IRA program.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on evolving organizational needs.
- Diverse fundraising experience and success.
- Experience in volunteer management, non-profit work, and/or community development.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior marketing experience- advertising and basic web editing.
- Ability to send clear, consistent, and relatable messaging.
- Excellence in time management and multi-tasking. Highly organized.
- Involvement in community event coordination
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and other social media platforms. Experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher preferred.
- A bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline