- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Program Associate - NYC Brighter Bites
- Date Posted November 08, 2019
- Location New York City, NY
- Category Education / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
In New York City, Brighter Bites partners with City Harvest to deliver its innovative program model in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. The Program Associate position will require regular travel to schools in these boroughs and limited travel to Brighter Bites offices at Queens Plaza.
The Program Associate works primarily at assigned sites (schools/camps) to manage and support Brighter Bites program implementation. This position is part-time, requiring candidates to be available for 12-15 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday, November – early June.
- Assist City Harvest staff and volunteers with weekly produce inventory and preparation
- Onsite by 8AM Tuesdays to begin inventory and prepare for volunteers
- Supports management of volunteers to build mix pallets of 3,500+ lbs. of produce.
- Supports inventory management process at City Harvest
- Supports Program Coordinator during afternoon produce distributions.
- Setting up distribution signage, tables, and materials.
- Preparation of health snack sample.
- Recording family participation on electronic rosters.
- Engaging families in healthy recipes and topics, distributing nutrition materials.
Engaging with Brighter Bites team and partners:
- Communicates with Brighter Bites team to share successes and challenges for each assigned site and provides insight for improvement.
- Works and communicates effectively with key site contacts, volunteers, and families to implement Brighter Bites program policies and procedures.
- Learns the basic principles of CATCH (the nutrition education program utilized by Brighter Bites) and communicates these messages to site staff, children, and families.
- Contributes to social media posts by taking photos during programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Program Associate is assigned to the City Harvest warehouse in Long Island City on Tuesdays, and in schools on Wednesday, Thursdays, and Fridays. If available, Program Associates join weekly Monday team meeting in-person or via phone.
A typical schedule is:
- Tuesday 8AM – 2PM: Produce Rebuild and inventory management at City Harvest warehouse
- Wed-Thurs and some Fri: 12:30PM – 4PM: Produce Distribution
- Additional school and community events, depending on staff availability.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline