Cook Mille Nonne
- Date Posted November 08, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
We cook from scratch using organic and locally sourced ingredients, embracing a zero waste approach.
We focus on few selected dishes, providing a whole Italian comfort food meal experience with the highest quality possible.
There are so many challenges out there and we have to take them all: helping to protect the planet, supporting good food producers and local communities, providing healthier nutrition possibilities, and keeping every bite yummy and delicious.
For all this, we need the right people with the proper mindset.
Mille Nonne means "A Thousand Grandmothers" and its an endearing tribute to the Italian tradition of handing down secret family recipes to the next generations. Job description
Mille Nonne (Italian food with commitment) in New York, NY is looking for one talented cook to join our team.
We are located inside the new Essex Street Market (the most historical public market in NYC).
Our ideal candidate is skillful, attentive, motivated, and engaged.
We are looking for a part time with open availability M-S
If you're ready to be a part of an exciting new project with a dynamic, creative team we would love to hear from you, please send us your information with your experience and references.
Mille Nonne requires a strong appreciation for good food and maximum attention for customer experience and service, as we prepare dishes in an open kitchen.
•1-2 year culinary experience preferred
Food handler certificate required
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the below:
• Working the stations in the kitchen to prepare food items
• Accurately handling food items to minimize waste
• Ability to learn, understand, and to execute daily recipes and menus
• Preparing mise en place for daily service
• Taking part in pre-service duties and applicable closing duties
• Demonstrating a passion for details and a willingness to learn
• Upholding service preparation and culinary standards to ensure a memorable guest experience
• Maintaining and upholding our company's vision and values
• Maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment
• Strong knowledge of cooking techniques, food preparation, and knife handling
• Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a team environment and welcome feedback and direction
• Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Lift up to 50 pounds of weight
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb up and down stairs, walk, carry multiple objects
• Ability to work in an environment with hot and cold conditions
Salary: $15/16 per hour (based on experience)+ tips as you will be involved in customer service
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Thank you.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions