- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Amazing Cook Job w/ Live-Work Balance Thumbtack
- Date Posted November 12, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Thumbtack kitchen prepares three nutritious, balanced and seasonally inspired meals per day, using primarily locally grown and sustainably sourced ingredients. We are passionate about providing delicious, healthy, and balanced meals and love the role that food plays in bringing the Thumbtack community together on a daily basis. We believe that sharing meals around quality food builds an environment that encourages collaboration and celebrates excellence.
The culture of our kitchen is playful, joyous and creative and we strive to challenge each other and ourselves to prepare the best food possible. We enjoy cooking from our roots as well as taking risks and trying new things.
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $300 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
- Check out TACKitchen on Instagram
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.****
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of an awesome in-house culinary team with a Monday through Friday schedule, competitive pay a generous benefits package that includes comprehensive health care for you and your family as well as a $1250 per year education stipend and $450 per quarter to spend on Thumbtack services. We take pride in cooking a wide variety of foods, sourcing our produce from local farms, cooking everything from scratch and having a lot of fun while we’re working hard!
The Line Cook will work closely with a tight-knit team to prepare daily changing lunch menus for approximately 350 (and growing) employees of Thumbtack. Individuals in this role will also play an integral part in developing and maintaining kitchen systems such as receiving and proper food storage, FIFO rotation, completing opening and closing checklists, and ensuring that all meals served are delicious, beautiful, and on time. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a self-operating employee food program with a team of talented individuals. This a fast-paced job in an expanding office environment with lots of room to grow.
- Prepare ingredients and follow instructions in accordance with daily menus
- Properly store and label protein, pantry and produce orders
- Maintain daily upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen
- Set up and break and breakdown of service
- Daily completion of opening and closing checklists
- Ensure time, temperature, and labeling standards
- Contribute to a positive and supportive working environment focused on Thumbtack and TACKitchen values
- Work with and maintain a sense of urgency
- Practice clear and direct communication
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline