Sales Manager Hosta Hill
- Date Posted January 13, 2020
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Job Title: Sales Manager
Specialty: Management, Sales, Customer Service
Reporting to: Company owner
Part Time, Year round: 15-20 hours for the first five to six months, and reevaluate after that
Compensation: Pay based on experience
Principle Responsibilities Include:
Current/Most important needs:
- Develop new business at retail locations throughout the larger Northeast region
- Maintain relationships with current and future wholesale accounts.
- Identify new distributors we align with and get us onboarded (i.e. communications, paperwork, samples, etc.)
- Identify chain stores and institutions we align with and a distribution company that can deliver.
- Manage all distributor relationships.
- Work with distributors to set up promotional schedules including sales, in-store demos, etc.
- Support and encourage our distributors as needed to leverage their sales team
- Work with a graphic designer to enhance current, and develop updated/new Hosta Hill sales assets (i.e. sales sheets, cards, shelf talkers, etc).
- Keep our website up to date with our current account list.
- Be mindful of our available inventory in regards to projected future sales via working with production manager to make sure we do not over commit ourselves.
- Troubleshoot any systems that are not working.
- Be available for weekly check ins (in person or via phone) to go over the previous weeks work and plan future work.
- Monitor certain email accounts and respond to inquiries, questions or concerns as needed.
Potential Future Tasks:
- Identify current and future sales staffing needs.
- Work with CEO to set target sales numbers, compare end of month actual sales numbers to projections and identify good and bad trends, create strategy from this information, execute.
- Increase e-commerce sales.
- Receive and fulfill wholesale orders.
- Manage demo team
- Mange Broker Relationship (Initially this will be finalizing the contract and getting the relationship up and running)
- Generate Monthly sales statements to be used for calculating broker commissions.
- Support broker initiatives as needed.
- Monitor broker relationship to make sure that the value we are getting out of our broker is worth what we are paying them.
- Work with any end account that the broker does not have responsibility for (i.e. outside of their territory) to build promo schedules, and implement.
Experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the natural foods industry
- Experience in strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Capacity to work independently and remotely
- Knowledge and interest of fermented foods a plus!