Expo/Kitchen Manager Outstanding In The Field
- Date Posted February 13, 2020
- Location Santa Cruz, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Traveling Expo/Kitchen Manager
Outstanding in the Field is currently hiring an experienced Expo/Kitchen Manager to be on Tour Crew for our 2020 Summer/Fall Tour. Tour starts and ends in Santa Cruz, CA, and runs from mid-May through mid-November. All travel/lodging accommodations are included.
Our company works with local farmers, beer & wine producers and chefs to produce high-end, fine-dining events on farms, beaches, wineries, mountain tops and city streets all across the US.
We produce events up and down the coast of California during the months of May and June, and make a loop through the Pacific Northwest, the Rockies, the Midwest, the Northeast, and the Southern states of the country between July and October. The tour wraps up mid-November in our home state of California for the final events of the season.
The Expo/Kitchen Manager will be expected to manage all BOH aspects of the events from the OITF side. The Expo/Kitchen Manager is responsible for communicating with the OITF Event Planners and guest chefs before and during the events, managing inventory of kitchen supplies, managing kitchen set-up and breakdown in a timely manner, and expediting the entirety of each dinner. The Expo/Kitchen Manager is expected to assist with the full execution of all events.
This is a great way to see the country while working with award winning chefs and restaurant teams all over the US! Ability to drive a truck and trailer is a plus!
People with prior BOH restaurant management experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a professional restaurant kitchen and BOH team
- Experience working various BOH stations in a professional kitchen
- An awareness of professional kitchen culture
- Ability to communicate efficiently with a variety of chefs, kitchen crew, FOH manager, and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team player
- Impeccable organization
- Ability to oversee a kitchen in various environments
- Responsibility for expediting the full duration of each event
- Daily communication with guest chefs, sous chefs, and BOH teams
- Building and maintaining a positive relationship with OITF chefs across the country
- Open and direct communication with the FOH Manager during the events to ensure a successful dinner
- Communication with FOH staff regarding dietary restrictions
- Researching and familiarizing yourself with OITF guest chefs prior to events
- Open and direct communication with Tour Manager & FOH Manager regarding execution of dinners
- Managing and maintaining inventory of all kitchen and cooking supplies
***Positions start in mid May in Santa Cruz, California and end in November back in Santa Cruz. A huge aspect of being a part of the crew is traveling with the team for 5+ months across the country! The OITF crew will become your very close family: you must be flexible, cooperative, and independent in order to work, live, sleep, and eat with the tour crew for 5 months - think about what that means before you send us your resume and cover letter!Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions