Tour Manager Outstanding In The Field
- Date Posted February 13, 2020
- Location Santa Cruz, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Outstanding in the Field is currently hiring an experienced Tour Manager to be on Tour Crew for our 2020 Summer/Fall Tour. Tour starts and ends in Santa Cruz, CA, and runs from mid-May through mid-November. All travel/lodging accommodations are included.
Our company works with local farmers, beer & wine producers and chefs to produce high-end, fine-dining events on farms, beaches, wineries, mountain tops and city streets all across the US.
We produce events up and down the coast of California during the months of May and June, and make a loop through the Pacific Northwest, the Rockies, the Midwest, the Northeast, and the Southern states of the country between July and October. The tour wraps up mid-November in our home state of California for the final events of the season.
The TOUR MANAGER will be expected to manage a crew of six to 10 employees. The Tour Manager is responsible for managing all travel logistics for the crew and for the progression of the tour across the country. The Tour Manager is expected to assist with the full execution of all events.
People with prior tour management experience or those that have traveled extensively for work are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 2 years minimum experience in a management position
- Must possess a high level of organization and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to execute fine details on a daily basis
- Must be able to implement and maintain organizational systems
- Ability to manage staff in various environments and uphold company standards
- A strong financial awareness and experience managing a budget
- Ability to discipline employees when needed and deal with confrontation in a mature and professional manner
- Setup and breakdown of each event: Setting up tables, chairs, kitchen, equipment, packing and unpacking trailers,
- Professionally and enthusiastically representing Outstanding in the Field with a focus on the guest experience
- Building and maintaining relationships with chefs, farmers, winemakers, and guests across the country
- Responsible for overall tour execution on the road
- Daily communication with the General Manager and the Director of Public Events
- Creation of daily staff schedule, including decision making on where and when to stop driving, and lodging accommodations
- Assignment of specific jobs to service team members
- Addressing any HR issues that arise, staff discipline, behavior correction and conducting a weekly check in with the crew
- Responsible for event recaps to Director of Public Events and General Manager
- Responsible for communicating weekly schedule to tour crew
- Responsible for staff evaluations at the completion of tour
- Responsible for monitoring tour financial budget
***Positions start in mid May in Santa Cruz, California and end in November back in Santa Cruz. A huge aspect of being a part of the crew is traveling with the team for 5+ months across the country! The OITF crew will become your very close family: you must be flexible, cooperative, and independent in order to work, live, sleep, and eat with the tour crew for 5 months - think about what that means before you send us your resume and cover letter!Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions