Pastry Chef Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream
- Date Posted February 28, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Schedule of Position:
Working no less than 60 hours a week no less than 5 days a week.
Schedule to include all staff working in kitchen and on counter. Ensure there is a NYCDOMH card holder present during all hours of operation.
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment for all staff.
- Manage all staff during service.
- Stay ahead of issues with staffing and staff morale
- Initial training of new staff including orientation and trailing.
- Help coordinate training and ensure thorough understanding of food products in conjunction with the owner and chef.
- Submit and post the schedule for the following week no later than Thursday afternoon.
- Participate in maintaining a staff weekly payroll (Including Chef, Sous Chef and any other management) with the standard of 19-25%. (percentages will be confirmed each quarter).
- Maintaining a standard of service in accordance with Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream Steps-of-Service.
- Being present on the floor to guide staff, scoop, work the sundae counter and troubleshoot and work on any issues with service.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all areas of the stores at all times (patio, bar, service stations, retail, bathroom).
- Oversee the execution of service – service to customers should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared to the owner’s satisfaction, in a timely fashion.
- Identifying inefficiencies with staffing or systems and proposing solutions.
-Develop new menu items with pastry chef and owner.
- Maintain good vendor relations.
- Keep an eye on the Monthly Cost of Goods of 22% or less. (percentages will be confirmed each quarter)
Cleaning, Organization, Sanitation and Maintenance:
-Help maintain all kitchen operations in accordance with New York City DOHMH standards. Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 Application instructions