We are an all-vegan cafe in Syracuse, NY. We opened 12 years ago in May of 2008. We opened a second location in Syracuse in December of 2013. We have a strong focus on promoting veganism and animal liberation and are also actively involved in other progressive social justice causes. Our mission is to promote and normalize vegan food by proving that it can be as delicious, convenient, and affordable as any other food choice. The two owners are still heavily involved in running the business and are deeply committed to the mission. We have exciting growth opportunities on the horizon and are looking for the right people to help us in these goals.
Oversees daily operations of the front of house department.
• Organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of front of house staff.
• Ensures efficient, friendly, and professional customer check-out and telephone service.
• Observes front of house staff to ensure that established procedures are followed.
• Establishes procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow.
• Ensures all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
• Performs front of house staff responsibilities as needed.
• Ensures that customers’ needs are fulfilled and their visit is as pleasing as possible.
• Assists front of house staff with resolution of customer problems/complaints as needed.
• Monitors and maintains front of house area.
• Orders and maintains inventory on items used by the front of house.
• Ensures that the dining room and entry area are presentable.
• Understands and enforces staff compliance with established company policies
• Maintains a mastery of the company’s POS system and proficiency with all other related technologies utilized by the company
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: One to two years of related experience.
• Knowledge and appreciation of the vegan lifestyle preferred, but not necessary
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Service orientation
• Acute situational awareness
• Social perceptiveness
• Active listening
• Complex problem solving
• Judgment and decision making
• Ability to prioritize tasks fluidly in real time
• Management of personnel resources
this position is : salaried, less than 50k
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!