Assistant Store Manager The Franklin Fountain
- Date Posted March 11, 2020
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Franklin Fountain is seeking a positive, customer-service orientated individual with proven people management skills to join our growing Management Team! The Assistant Store Manager is crucial in the execution of all operations of the Franklin Fountain. The Assistant Store Manager leads all team members in day-to-day operations and assists the Store Manager with various administrative tasks and staff development including hiring and training. Applicants should have open availability and be willing to work a combination of day and night shifts; closing shifts run as late as 2am in the Summer. Depending on the season, one may expect to work 3-4 shifts on the floor serving guests and overseeing operations, with the remaining 1-2 shifts devoted to more office/administrative duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for proper cash handling including safe access, replenishment of back-up funds, preparation of daily start funds, deposits, cash drops and tip distribution. Holds shift leaders accountable for their respective reports.
- Participates in “intervention/disciplinary” conversations with FOH staff in order to maintain a positive work environment and keep morale high.
- Direct line of communication from FOH staff to BOH management in order to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Communicates regularly with management team regarding products, service, and overall needs.
- Helps coordinate daily replenishment of all goods by communicating with BOH staff. Delegates the movement of goods to respective homes and oversees proper stocking of items during times of high volume.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts, prioritizing and delegating tasks among team members and hosting during peak hours.
- Ensures all items and recipes are prepared correctly and according to Company standards..
- Ensure all BOH areas are clean and organized (walk in freezer/fridge, dry goods, back office, trash area, etc).
- Serves as a sounding board for comments and suggestions from FOH staff and relays information to the rest of the management team.
- Participates in and/or leads weekly/monthly meetings as needed
- Ensures shift leader resources are readily available including opening, closing and daily cleaning checklists.
- Knowledge of POS (editing menu/troubleshooting/etc.)
- Assists in development of online advertisements for store products.
- Updates various sales and item tracking spreadsheets used for business analysis
- Answer phone as needed and oversee phone voicemail updates
- Aids management with creation of weekly staff schedule
Hiring, Training & People Development
- Participates in the interviewing/hiring process, assessment of staffing needs and staff development.
- Leads employee training, providing encouragement and coaching as needed and positively reinforces successful performance.
- Conducts post training follow up with all new soda jerks and provides management team with performance feedback.
- Assists Store Manager with conducting staff performance evaluations
- Prepares new hire paperwork and conducts orientations.
- Continual development and revision of training materials.
- Redevelopment and organization of shop floor and storage plans to best utilize space.
- Assists with the organization and completion of on and off site events including job fairs and catered functions.
- Assists with wholesale ice cream orders, fulfillment, and product placement.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Available weekends/evenings and for special events/holidays when necessary.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Leadership and human resources management skills, able to direct the work of others.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with co-workers.
- Professional and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills: visually, verbally, email, online, phone.
- ServSafe certified (preferred)
- Constant movement during the scheduled shift (6-8 hours)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and frequently bend and twist at the waist
- Must be able to handle the heat of a humid Philadelphia Summer
- Ascending/descending stairs.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 30, 2020