Cheesemonger East Bay Natural Grocers
- Date Posted June 25, 2020
- Location Castro Valley, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
The safety of our team and that of our customers is of utmost importance to us. We have made the following adjustments to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Everyone who enters the building must wear a mask.
- All Team-members and customers must wash their hands/use sanitizer prior to entering the building
- We will be limiting the number of people in the building to ensure social distancing is properly maintained.
- Team-members will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before each shift.
- Shopping carts will be sanitized between each use
- All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized nightly
- We are kindly reminding customers to shop with a sense of urgency and be mindful of social distancing protocols
Our dedicated team and supportive community have patiently anticipated the arrival of an organic marketplace that offers a unique shopping experience.
Show your passion for artisan cheese and by becoming part of a program with a focus on education and skill development. We offer a newly built counter with a new team who are excited to share amazing artisanal cheese with the Castro Valley community.
Bring your enthusiasm and customer-focused attitude and come grow with us!
Cheese counter experience preferred, CCP certification a plus, potential for promotion to management for determined and qualified individuals.
Benefits: Cheese Education and Training, Meals Discount, PTO, Health Insurance, 401k, Paid Sick Leave, Hazard Pay, and Employee Assistance Program (benefits vary based upon number of hours worked)
- A positive demeanor and desire to provide top-notch customer service
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation. ServSafe certification is a plus
- A self-starter and hardworking team player with a willingness to assist in with various task
- A working knowledge of specialty cheese (preferred) or a willingness to learn
- A desire to learn and grow as a cheese monger while advancing your skills and knowledge of the cheese and specialty food industry
- Eager to help build an artisan cheese department from beginning stages to a fully operational entity
- An interest in cheese pairings and cross-promotion
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (We currently have both full time and part time positions available and will try to give everyone a weekend day off)
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and farming
- Appreciation for independent businesses and a collaborative work ethic
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs. and spend 8+ hours on your feet
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJuly 08, 2020 Attachment click here to download the attached document.