Cook, Grill, Plant-Based, Vegan. Grilled!
- Date Posted July 01, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
"Grilled!" is looking for a cook/grill person to oversee the menu and food prep/production for its new food establishment located in Bushwick Brooklyn.
It was formerly a "Pupuseria", serving Salvadorian "papusas".
We have taken over the space (small, approximately 5'x15') and are converting it to a plant-based grill.
The goal is to introduce plant-based food to the community that is simple, affordable, and familiar. Think burgers, hot dogs, sausage and peppers, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, quesadillas, tacos, and other traditional food.
Position would be FT. Competitive salary. Potential for management.
• Prepare food items for customers as requested, fast paced environment
• Inspect food products and supplies as needed
• Ensure work environment and stations are clean and sanitized
• Check food before it is served to customers
• Control and minimize waste
• 1-3 years food service or restaurant experience required
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
• Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently
• Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
• Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
• Ability to read, comprehend, and follow tickets
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline