Outside Sales Representative Specialty Food Distributor
- Date Posted July 24, 2020
- Location North Jersey, NJ
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Sales Representative is primarily responsible for new customer sales development in Tri State NY-NJ-CT region and achieving assigned sales and profit goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves customers by selling high quality imported Italian perishable and non-perishable Italian food products and meeting customer needs.
2. Establishes and services new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential sales outlets.
3. Submits orders by referring to company price lists and product information
4. Provides periodic sales and gross profit reporting to the General Manager that includes comparison to plan.
5. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
6. Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
7. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
8. Conducts the following sales activities in compliance with all Company operating policies and procedures:
• Lead generation and networking
• Paperwork policies and procedures
• Store display and appearance (as and where applicable)
• Introduction of new products (presented by General Manager)
9. Provides historical records by maintaining records on sales efforts and customer sales reported on Company provided sales tracking documents
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. BA/BS in a business discipline preferred
2. 3-5 years of demonstrated sales development experience and ability in retail environments
3. Demonstrated achievement in meeting retail sales targets
4. Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
6. Ability to deal tactfully with human issues with colleagues and customers.
7. Ability to create and maintain cooperative relationships.
8. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Compensation this position is : contract Application instructions