Barista York Factory
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
York Factory is an office concept that is repurposing underperforming and dormant real estate assets to create the amenitized office space of the future. We create and operate inspiring, efficient workspaces, coupled with a physical amenity package that allows us to bring the very best service offerings to our tenants. Our thoughtful service offerings and physical layout far exceed what has historically been offered to an office user by focusing on the holistic needs of each individual.
Think - if everyone could have access to the best in class services of Google’s Googleplex, but on a localized level, with more of a focus on health, happiness, and productivity.
York Factory is a concept that aspires to enrich the life of the 21st century office worker. We believe that employees of large companies have unlocked potential within them and our service offerings will help to allow people to live their fullest and most productive lives.
We accomplish this by creating an amenity and service-driven physical location that revolves around mindfulness and exceptional service.
We are a small (but growing) group of committed individuals looking for a collaborative, insightful barista that brings York Factory to life in our first location in NY. York Factory is a division of the Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC).Job description
As a Barista at York Factory, you’ll be joining a team that is committed to delivering amazing coffee and beverage service to guests while also creating a warm and welcoming environment where guests feel special and valued.
Our ideal candidate should love coffee and beverage service, but more importantly, love creating an atmosphere and welcoming environment rooted in empathy, respect and creating an elevated workplace vibe.
At York Factory You Will:
- Deliver best in class service to guests and other staff
- Work to ensure that all guests feel welcome and valued
- Enter in guest orders accurately into a system and receive payment
- Ensure that work stations are clean and to York Factory standards
- Drink coffee on the regular to make sure we’re delivering amazing product
- Be a great team member and support cleaning and maintenance and various other tasks that will come up throughout the course of the day
Who You Are:
- You have at least 1 year professional experience
- Love coffee
- You are a clear and warm communicator with a passion for providing customers with best-in-class care, service, and wellness
- You are fluent in English
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, with an ability to juggle multiple conversations and solve problems efficiently and thoughtfully
- You are empathetic, confident, curious, creative, patient, and eager to learn.
- You have a “no task is too small” attitude
- Comfortable in a startup environment
- You are scrappy
- Eligible to work in the United States and are at least 18 years of age
Physical Aspects To The Job:
- You can stand for long periods of time
- You have the use of your hands
- You can squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level and above shoulder level
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- You can, as needed, climb stairs, ladders, uneven surfaces