Outreach Coordinator Carman Ranch
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
- Restore soil health: Support holistic ranching which sequesters carbon, increases water-holding capacity, and reduces the need for herbicides, pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics.
- Respect animals: Ensure that animal well-being is central to our production practices.
- Produce nutrient-dense food: Provide flavorful, delicious and nutritious meats.
- Support family ranching: Create connections and opportunities that generate sustainable incomes and promote rural community resilience.
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing, problem solver to serve as Carman Ranch’s first Outreach Coordinator. The Outreach Coordinator will be the face of Carman Ranch’s direct-to-consumer program (DTC) and responsible for building our new drop site program under the guidance of the DTC team. In this position, you will support and manage our existing Drop Sites and work to bring new sites onboard in Portland and beyond. You will represent Carman Ranch, tabling at drop sites and events and developing collaborations with local, mission-aligned businesses. You will work closely with the DTC team to monitor and track progress, and adjust and refine the business as we grow.
As the Outreach Coordinator, your responsibilities will include the following:
- SUPPORT EXISTING DROP SITES: Providing support and customer service to existing drop sites. Serve as the primary point of contact for all drop sites: answer questions, solve problems, troubleshoot and more. Provide fast and creative problem solving of product, logistic and other challenges, work with the DTC team to develop and execute solutions. Manage storage, pickup or redelivery of missed pickups. Communicate frequently with customers to update them on Carman Ranch developments and learn about their evolving needs and priorities.
- ONBOARD NEW DROP SITES: Uncover, qualify and onboard new drop site partners. Work with the DTC team to find and select strategic drop site partners and/or locations.
- INCREASE DROP SITE ORDERS: Promote sales, encourage orders, increase order totals at drop sites. This could include marketing messaging, outreach, events, and more.
- COLLABORATE WITH KEY PARTNERS: Identify mission aligned local partners for collaborations and cross-promotions.
- MONITOR AND TRACK PROGRESS: Provide regular input and feedback as a part of the DTC team to track progress, measure success and challenges, anticipate demand, perform long-term forecasting, and ensure that the business meets KPIs.
- ADDITIONAL SALES: Take on additional responsibilities for sales on an as needed basis.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team. Friendly, professional communication with customers and partners.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in food systems, agriculture and/or food access.
- Computer proficiency; experience with all MS Office applications.
- Experience with creating outreach materials.
- Comfortably able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Ability to be flexible with daily tasks.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This job could be right for you if:
- You really like people and have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to different styles of communication and situations and build rapport with just about anyone.
- You are detail oriented and precise in your analysis and execution and tenacious about completing tasks in a timely and thorough fashion.
- You have a passion for food, sustainability and the desire to be part of innovating new types of supply chains, and have experience in the food industry.
- You enjoy working in a start-up environment as part of a small team and are a creative problem solver. You are a team player, willing to pitch in and help out wherever needed.
- Your knowledge and passion for regenerative, nutrient-dense food is evident and compelling when communicating with customers.
This position is full-time, salaried and includes a healthcare stipend.Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions